Hello guys, welcome back to the most excellent receipes web page. If you are looking for delicious Rabbit Casserole recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Rabbit Casserole recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rabbit casserole recipe. You can cook rabbit casserole using 18 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a heavenly Rabbit Casserole:
- Get of main casserole.
- Get 1 of whole Rabbit, cut into decent size pieces. Chop the kidneys if you have them).
- Use 1 large of onion, diced.
- You need 2 clove of of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 2 of bramley apples, cut into chunks.
- Provide 50 grams of plain flour (inside a foodbag).
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 900 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of whole swede, cut into small pieces.
- Get 3 of carrots (roughly chopped).
- Prepare 2 of parsnips, cut into small slices.
- Use 1 of handful of spinach leaves.
- Get of dumplings.
- You need 100 grams of self raising flour.
- Get 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried mixed herbs.
- You need 50 ml of milk ( be prepared you may need more).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the steps on preparing Rabbit Casserole:
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°c / 150°c fan oven..
- Heat 3tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan to a medium heat..
- Place the rabbit in the food bag and shake to coat the meat in flour..
- Take the meat out and place it in the frying pan to brown..
- Once browned, remove and put to one side. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook on a low heat for 2-3 mins..
- Add the carrots and the apple to the pan and cook for a further 2mins..
- Tip the contents into a cast iron pot (or other oven friendly pot)..
- Add the rabbit..
- Place the kidney in the frying pan and brown. Then pour in the stock and cook on a medium heat, allowing to bubble for 1-2 mins..
- Tip the stock and kidneys into the pot and stir/mix all the contents together. Put the lid on the pot and place in the oven for 1 hour..
- Put the swede and parsnip into the pot and return to cook for another 30mins..
- Meanwhile, place the self raising flour in a bowl..
- Pour in 3tbsp of olive oil, add the mixed herbs and abit of salt and pepper..
- Gradually pour in the milk little by little until the mixture combines into a workable density. Firm but not soggy..
- Place the dumplings in the pot, pressing down to cover them in the stock and cook with lid on for 25mins (or until a skewer can pierce and come out clean)..
- Remove the pot from the oven, add the spinach and cook for 5mins..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Rabbit Casserole turns your day joyful.