What’s up buddy, back with us in the most complete receipes site. If you are looking for delicious Prawn Sambal recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Prawn Sambal recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn sambal recipe. You can cook prawn sambal using 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to cook a perfect Prawn Sambal:
- Take of A. 1 kg Prawns.
- Prepare of B. Blended.
- Prepare 1 C of dried chilies.
- Provide 1 of medium size brown onion.
- Use 5 of garlic.
- Provide 5 of candlenuts.
- Take 2 of thumb size Belacan / shrimp paste / terasi.
- Take of c.
- You need 1 of thumb size Tamarind paste.
- Get 2-3 tbsp of water.
- Take of D. Seasonings.
- Provide 46 g of coconut sugar or palm sugar – grated, crushed or shaved.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of (or to taste) chicken seasoning powder.
- Use of Notes on Dried Chillies.
- Prepare of ~ Asian groceries sell variety of Dried Chilies that are packed in different sizes. It ranges from mildest to hottest. We usually get two big bags, the mildest and the hottest.
- Take of ~ In most of my Asian recipes, i combine these two types, 1/3 of the hottest ones and the rest is the mild type. Adjust your preferred heat accordingly. Experiment and know your chillies.
- Get of ~ The mildest one is needed for the paste and the hottest one is, of course, for the heat.
- Prepare of ~ It’s best to check the label before buying. Most labels do include the level of heat of their packed chillies from mild to EXTRA HOT.
- Get of Notes on Tamarind:.
- Prepare of ~ Tamarind is available in most, if not all, Asian groceries. It comes in a block of pulp with either seeds or seedless and also in a jar/container of concentrated thick paste.
- Get of ~ We prefer the seedless tamarind paste that comes in a block. Soak a thumb-size in hot water, then push the pulp through a sieve and discard any fibers and broken seeds.
- Use of Notes on Coconut Sugar:.
- Provide of ~ Coconut sugar is added for its flavour. It’s available from Asian groceries and labeled as Coconut Sugar.
- Get of ~ A packet of Pure Coconut Sugar comes with small blocks that usually weigh around 46g – 50g.
- Use of ~ Unlike Palm Sugar, a block of Pure Coconut Sugar melt easily when expose to heat and it’s fairly easy to crush, shave or grate.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Prawn Sambal:
- Prep all the ingredients. Clean the prawn but leave the shells on. Soak tamarind paste in 2-3 tbsp of hot water. Then use your finger to mash until it 'dissolves' and you have a light brown thick juice or sauce. Keep aside. Soak and soften cut dried chillies in hot water. Blend softened dried chillies with the rest of the ingredients in B..
- Cooking the prawn sambal – Heat 1/3 cup of cooking oil in a wok or big deep pan. Add B (blended ingredients, cook and stir for 5 minutes over high heat until the paste is separated from the oil. Stir in C and then add A (the prawns). Turn to medium heat and simmer for a minute..
- Season with D. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly. Add few tablespoons of water if necessary. The sambal, however, should be thick. Once the prawns turn to bright pink or red, the prawn sambal is ready. Avoid over cooking the prawn. Remove from the heat and dish up..
Shallow fry prawns with oil till cooked and remove from pan. Leave a little oil in frying pan and add in garlic, fry awhile then put in sambal chilli and oyster sauce, mix well and put in the prawns.. Squeeze lime and sprinkle salt over the prawns. Sambal is a spicy paste or sauce, typically made from a mixture of chili. Try making this spicy recipe of sambal prawn tonight.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Wish that your Prawn Sambal makes your day cheerful.