What’s up guys, back with us in the most excellent receipes internet site. If you are searching for excellent Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn, nduja and tomato gnocchi recipe. To make prawn, nduja and tomato gnocchi you only need 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to prepare a heavenly Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi:
- Get of Potato Gnocchi.
- Take 800 g of Potato (floury kind).
- Provide 150-200 g of flour.
- You need 1 of egg (whisked with a fork).
- Use of Tomato Sauce.
- Provide 75 ml of olive oil.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves(pressed back of knife).
- Take 2 of shallots (sliced).
- Prepare 400 g of Tinned Tomato.
- Prepare of King Prawns (15-20 de-shelled, de-veined, retain heads & shells).
- Get 5-6 leaves of Basil.
- Take of Nduja 1-2 tsp (to taste).
- Use 125 ml of white wine.
- Provide of Anchovy 2-3 fillets.
- You need of Parsley (chopped).
- Take of Salt.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on cooking Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi:
- Ingredients – Homemade gnocchi is of course optional and could be substituted with store brought..
- De-shell prawns and remove the veins keeping all shells and heads, placing raw prawns into the fridge for later..
- In a small sauce pan add olive oil and when sizzling cook the reserved heads and shells for 5 minutes add 200 ml of water to the pan and ensure you scrape any of the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (fond). Using a fine mesh sieve and a potato masher extract juices into a jug and set aside for later.
- To make the potato gnocchi cook whole potatoes (skin on) in a large pan of salted water for 25-30 minutes or until tender..
- Drain and leave until cool enough to handle then remove skins from the potatoes..
- Mash the potatoes using a ricer (or a sieve and the back of a kitchen spoon) into a bowl adding the egg and 150g of the flour gently to form a soft dough (you may need to add the rest if too loose).
- On a floured work surface, cut the gnocchi dough into 4-6 pieces and roll into long sausage shapes about 2 cm in diameter. Cut each sausage into 3 cm lengths and roll each piece against the back of a fork. Set aside..
- To make the tomato sauce add oil, anchovy, reserved prawn stock and garlic to a small saucepan on a low heat for about 5 minutes. Increase the flame to medium and add the sliced shallots for another 5 minutes..
- Add a dash of salt, tinned tomatoes and white wine and boil for 2-3 minutes before turning heat down to a simmer for 20 minutes or until thickens. At this stage you will need to have a large pan of salted water on the boil to cook the gnocchi when sauce is ready..
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the sauce add the basil leaves and a teaspoon of Nduja. Check the balance of the flavour and add more depending on preference being careful not to overpower the prawn flavour..
- In a large frying pan fry prawns in olive oil adding a touch of salt and cook until pink. Set aside..
- Cook gnocchi until the float to the surface and leave for another 20 seconds. Drain and then add to the tomato sauce..
- To complete the dish serve gnocchi in a warm bowl, sprinkle chopped parsley and place prawns on top..
If you have never tried 'nduja before, this is the perfect dish for it. The spicy Calabrian sausage pairs perfectly with sweet potato gnocchi. All Reviews for Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce. Gnocchi with Tomato Sauce. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A hearty, wholesome and delicious meal. – by Hannah Oakshott.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this site fruitful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Wish that your Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi turns your day joyful.