Hello friends, welcome back to the most excellent receipes blog. If you are looking for yummy Fishcakes recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Fishcakes recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fishcakes recipe. You can cook fishcakes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a delicious Fishcakes:
- Provide 450 g of skinned fish fillet (I used a pack of fish pie mix for variety).
- Take 150 ml of milk.
- Take 350 g of potatoes.
- Take 1/2 of lemon zest.
- Provide 1 tbsp of parsley, chopped.
- Use 1 tbsp of chives, chopped.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Take of Flour (for shaping).
- Prepare 85 g of breadcrumbs.
- You need 4 tbsp of oil.
- Use 4 of Lemon wedges to serve.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Fishcakes:
- Peel and chop up the potatoes. Boil until soft. Drain and mash well..
- Finely chop chives and flat leaf parsley, grate lemon zest. Add to the mash and mix well..
- Add the fish to a pan and cover with 150ml milk and 150ml water. Bring to a simmer and heat for 5 minutes. Then turn off the heat, cover and leave to cook through for 10 minutes..
- Drain the fish and add it to the mash. Flake up the fish a bit, but try and keep some decent pieces for texture..
- Prepare a bowl with breadcrumbs, another with a beaten egg and a board covered in flour. Cover your hands with flour and shape the mixture into 4 fishcakes, roughly 1 inch thick..
- Brush each fishcake with egg..
- Dip each fishcake in the breadcrumbs until completely covered. Put aside on a plate..
- Heat up some oil until it starts to smoke. Add the fishcakes. Turn after 5 minutes (or sooner if they start to brown too quickly)..
- Fry for a minute on the edges to seal the fishcakes all over..
- Serve hot from the pan with a lemon wedge and any veg you want :).
One of the best ever fishcakes recipe i have ever tried. Nutritional Information (approximate) is per fishcake with one tenth of the dipping sauce. I got a bag of mixed fish bits at the fishmonger, and blended them with fresh ginger, chili, and If you'd like to try something similar, why not try my mud crab cakes? They make a great side dish for my. A cod fishcake, ready for eating.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a good meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this web page to your families is the deal Wish that your Fishcakes makes your day joyful.