What’s up friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web site. If you are looking for delicious Vegan kimchi recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Vegan kimchi recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan kimchi recipe. To make vegan kimchi you only need 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to serve a perfect Vegan kimchi:
- Prepare 1 of Nappa cabbage (about 2-2.5kg).
- Get 150 g of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of red miso.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of sesame oil.
- Get 200 g of carrot shredded.
- Use 100 g of grated peeled apple.
- Prepare 1 bunch of chives.
- Prepare 30 g of ginger (finely grated).
- Prepare 30 g of garlic (finely grated).
- Take 50 g of agave syrup.
- Get 5 g of kombu (dried seaweed).
- Use 100 g of Korean chili powder.
- Provide 20 g of mochi-ko or glutinous rice flour.
- Get 200 g of water.
- Use of Latex or plastic gloves.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on serving Vegan kimchi:
- Soak dried kombu seaweed in a small amount of water for about 3 min until soft enough to shread by scissors. Shread them very thinly and cut them into about half length of matchsticks. Wipe off any water and set aside. (The image is the dried kombu before soaking in water).
- Cut nappa cabbage into 4 pieces. Using your hand with 150g of salt, grab salt and rub it thoroughly on each layer of Nappa cabbage..
- Line up the salted nappa cabbage in a large container(Could use a large pot or a pan that has depth) and put a plate or catting board and place heavy weight to extract moisture from cabbage. Leave it for about 1 hour or so..
- Grate the garlic, ginger and peeled apple. Shread the carrot finely, and cut the chives into the same size of carrot. In a large bowl, combine them together with shredded kombu, 2tbs of miso, sesame oil and Korean chilli powder..
- Using small cooking pot cook the mixture of 20g of mochi-ko (glutinous rice flour) and 200ml of water with medium low heat until it forms glue like texture and thickness. Make sure to constantly mix when cooking. (This will be a binder for all ingredients in the bowl for making kimchi seasoning paste).
- Pour the sticky mochi-ko mixture into the bowl with all the ingredients and mix well. Now your kimchi seasoning paste is ready. Set aside..
- Squeeze out water and rinse cabbage in water throughly. Squeeze out water well and tight after rinsing..
- Wear plastic gloves. Spread the kimch seasoning paste on every layer of the drained nappa cabbage leaves. Try not to break apart the leaves..
- When all the layers are coverd by paste, gently put it in a container. Place plastic wrap to cover the kimchi and seal and leave it in room temperature for a day..
- Keep it in refrigerator and rest it for another 2-3days, then ready to cut and eat. It will last for about one month when kept in fridge..
- Note: Korean chili powder can be found at Korean grocery store. Kombu seaweed, mochi-ko(or glutinous rice flour) and red miso can be found at Japanese/Korean/Chinese grocery store..
- If you are not vegan, could add 2 tbsp of Thai fish sauce into the kimchi seasoning paste for deeper flavor..
It has a comforting balance between sweet, sour, spicy, and savory and is one of my favorite. I'm not even vegan, but this kimchi taste so freaking delicious, the BEST vegan kimchi recipe Even though you are not vegan, you will love this kimchi so so much! It has more refreshing taste than. These Vegan Kimchi pancakes are spicy, salty, chewy and perfectly crispy. Kimchi is a Korean condiment that is similar to sauerkraut.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this page fruitful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Vegan kimchi turns your day cheerful.