Hello friends, back with us in the most complete receipes internet site. If you are looking for pleasing South African Indian Crab Curry recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent South African Indian Crab Curry recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to south african indian crab curry recipe. To make south african indian crab curry you only need 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a perfect South African Indian Crab Curry:
- Get 2 of onion, chopped fine.
- Use 3 kg of orange crabs cleaned and chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of ginger and garlic grated.
- Prepare 1 of curry leaves.
- Prepare 5 of green chillies.
- Prepare 10 of jam (rosa) tomatoes.
- Provide 4 tsp of curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 2 tsp of salt to start. add more after tasting.
- Use 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- Use 1/4 cup of tamarind water.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the sequences on serving South African Indian Crab Curry:
- In a large pot heat oil and brown onions..
- Add green chillies, curry leaves, ginger and garlic.
- Place in all the crab lower to medium heat, replace the lid and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Next add in all spices, mix and cook for a further 3-4 minutes..
- Liquidise the tomatoes and and add to the pot. Add salt to taste as well as brown sugar to cut acidity.
- Mix through, replace the lid and simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Next, remove the lid, increase the heat to remove excess water from the tomatoes and thicken the gravy..
- Pour in the tamarind water and bring to the boil to finish..
- Remove from heat and leave to stand. The gravy will thicken on standing..
- Serve hot with basmati rice!.
South African / Durban Indian Curry The South African fish curry is a popular dish where thick cutlets of fresh fish are slowly cooked in a spicy and tangy gravy. The preferences for the fish used in the curry may vary but seasonal fish like shad is often the firm favourite among the South African Indian community. This recipe for Indian crab curry minimizes the curry flavor so that the crab is the focus of the dish. Try serving this curry with plain boiled rice and plenty of gravy. Crab curry is best eaten with your fingers.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web page to your friends is the deal Hope that your South African Indian Crab Curry turns your day joyful.