Hi buddy, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web page. If you are searching for excellent Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Braised Oxtail in Red wine recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to braised oxtail in red wine recipe. You can have braised oxtail in red wine using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are required to prepare a perfect Braised Oxtail in Red wine:
- Take of (more or less) 1kg Oxtail.
- You need 600 ml of red wine (I used Merlot).
- Provide 300 ml of beef stock (premade or powder).
- Prepare 4-5 of carrots chopped in chunks.
- Take 2-3 of chopped and peeled tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of onion (I prefer red).
- Prepare of Oil.
- Prepare of Water -between 200ml and 500ml depending on the moisture the pot.
- Take of Seasoning (garlic / parsley / salt and pepper).
- You need of Spiced RICE.
- Take 2-4 cups of rice (depending on how many people will eat).
- Get 1/2 of Finely chopped onion.
- Use 1/2 of finely chopped carrot.
- Take 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 of chicken stock cube.
- You need of Water.
- You need of Fresh sides.
- Take 300 g of broccoli.
- Provide of Cherry tomatoes.
- You need of Feta cheese.
- Take of Cilantro.
- Take of Avocado.
- Provide of Olive oil.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Provide of Lemon juice.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Braised Oxtail in Red wine:
- Fry and brown onions in a large pot with some oil.
- Add defrosted room temperature oxtail in the pot and fry until brown and set aside.
- Fry carrots, garlic and tomatoes for about a minute (you don't want it soft too soon).
- Add the oxtail back in the pot along with the red wine and beef stock as well as a handful of parsley..
- Cover the pot and turn down the heat and allow it to simmer for 3-4 hours slowly. Make sure to check on it every 40 min or so to prevent it from drying out. Add more water/stock (just bear in mind that stock is salty) I mix it 50/50 (half stock and half water ratio) to ensure that it's not too salty..
- You can always add more salt or seasoning but you can't take it out, and oxtail is not a dish for a gamble ;).
- For the spiced rice: fry together all ingredients in a pot with some oil until soft and fragrant. Add the rice last. And yes without water at first..
- Add water to rice and cover and cook over low heat until there's no more water left..
- Fresh sides: steam the broccoli until preferred tenderness and just before serving sprinkle a little salt/pepper and feta over..
- Salad: Chop avocado and cilantro together and add lemon juice and a drop or two of olive oil and mix..
- **this is only a guideline and cooking time may vary. Also, feel free to adjust the wine / garlic ratio and even add extra vegetables like celery and potatoes etc..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site useful Sharing this internet site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Braised Oxtail in Red wine turns your day cheerful.