Hi people, back with us in the most perfect receipes site. If you are searching for excellent Salted Shortbread Cookies with Olive Oil recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Salted Shortbread Cookies with Olive Oil recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to salted shortbread cookies with olive oil recipe. To cook salted shortbread cookies with olive oil you only need 5 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a heavenly Salted Shortbread Cookies with Olive Oil:
- Use 100 grams of Cake flour.
- Get 60 grams of White sugar.
- Take 50 ml of Extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Salt (rock salt if you have it).
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on serving Salted Shortbread Cookies with Olive Oil:
- ※ I changed the recipe to add the option of substituting katakuriko or joshinko for the cornstarch..
- Put the cake flour, white sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl and mix well with a whisk..
- Pour the olive oil into the bowl in a swirling motion as if you are drawing circles..
- Using a rubber spatula, mix with a cutting motion until the oil and flour have combined and the mixture looks crumbly. If the dough won't come together when you squeeze it with your hands, add a little more olive oil..
- Put the crumbly dough into a plastic bag..
- Squeeze the bag briefly with your hands to bring the dough together..
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (you can skip this step if you don't have time)..
- Take the dough out and let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes (cold dough is hard to work with). Form into a 3cm cylinder and flatten the sides. Preheat the oven to 320F/160C..
- I use a milk carton to make a sort of "sushi mat" in order to form the dough. Press and squeeze firmly to shape the dough..
- Use a knife to cut the dough into 1cm pieces. I made square cookies, but you can make any shape you like..
- Bake in an oven preheated to 320°F/160°C for 10 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 302°F/150°C and bake for 5 more minutes. Be careful not to let the cookies brown..
- When little cracks appear on the surface of the cookies, they're done. They crumble easily, so let them cool before handling them..
- This is the olive oil I generally use. You can clearly taste the olive oil flavor in these shortbread cookies, so I recommend using a good quality olive oil..
- I use scissors to cut out a piece of milk carton and then fold it to use in shaping the dough. It's really easy and convenient and the cookies turn out beautifully..
- Shortbread will keep for a while, but the special flavor of the olive oil will not last long, so eat these up as soon as possible..
- I changed the recipe to add the option of substituting katakuriko or joshinko for the cornstarch..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a well done meal. If you find this internet site helpful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Salted Shortbread Cookies with Olive Oil makes your day joyful.