What’s up guys, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are looking for pleasing Vegan nut roast recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only provide excellent Vegan nut roast recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegan nut roast recipe. You can cook vegan nut roast using 17 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a perfect Vegan nut roast:
- Prepare 2 of medium parsnips.
- Provide 2 of medium carrots.
- Take 1 of medium sweet potato.
- Get 2 of medium echalion shallots.
- Prepare 1 cup of chestnut mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw cashews.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Provide 1/3 cup of almonds.
- Get 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds.
- Use 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs (use GF crumbs, GF oats or omit for a GF recipe).
- You need 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast (optional).
- Take 1 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Take 1 tsp of Marjoram (or Oregano if preferred).
- Take 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Provide of Vegan butter or coconut oil for frying.
- Provide of Sea salt.
- Get of Black pepper.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on preparing Vegan nut roast:
- Preheat oven to 190 C degrees..
- Grease a 450g/1lb bread loaf tin with vegan butter or coconut oil, and line with baking paper..
- Prick sweet potato with fork and wrap in foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft enough to mash. Alternatively, microwave for 5-6 minutes until soft. Peel when cooled..
- Core and rough chop parsnips into 2cm chunks..
- Peel and rough chop carrots into 2cm chunks..
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and cook carrots for 5 minutes, then add parsnips. Cook for a further 10 minutes or until carrots are just soft enough to mash, then remove from heat and drain..
- Meanwhile, finely chop mushrooms and shallots and gently fry in a medium frying pan with a knob of vegan butter or teaspoon of coconut oil until just beginning to soften. Leave to cool..
- Use a pestle and mortar or end of a rolling pin to crush cashews, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and almonds so that no whole pieces remain – keep chunks for a good texture..
- Add cooked carrots, parsnips, sweet potato to a bowl and lightly mash together..
- Add cooked mushrooms, shallots (and mushroom and butter liquid) and all nuts and seeds to bowl..
- Add nutritional yeast (if using), breadcrumbs, seasonings and salt & pepper to taste..
- Mix well using stick blender, spoon or hands. It should hold its shape. If too wet, add more breadcrumbs or oats..
- Press well into tin and smooth over top..
- Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, rotating half way through, or until a crust has formed on top and edges are brown and crispy. If you like a firmer 'loaf', cover with foil and bake for another 10 mins..
- Remove from tin and leave to cool slightly before slicing. Keeps well for up to five days in the fridge, and can be frozen too..
- **Optional extras*** – Lightly toast almonds and cashews in a frying pan before crushing – Add dried cranberries and/or chopped apricots before baking for a fruitier version – Add 1 tbsp peanut butter or cashew butter for a nuttier version, or as a substitute for one or more of the nuts above – Add 1 tbsp of maple syrup or agave nectar for a sweeter version.
Dairy-free df; Gluten-free gf; Vegan vg; Vegetarian v "Being vegan doesn't mean compromising on flavour, as this recipe proves. Tofu gives this nut roast a creaminess that makes it seem decadent. Crunchy and full of spices, everyone will be tucking in. Nut Roast (Vegan & Gluten Free) Simple to make and delicious hot or cold, nut roast is the classic main course for a veggie Christmas. The beauty of this vegan cashew nut roast is that it can be made in advance and frozen.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a delicious meal. If you find this web page fruitful Sharing this web site to your buddies is the deal Wish that your Vegan nut roast turns your day joyful.