Hi people, welcome back to the most perfect receipes site. If you are searching for excellent Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) recipe. You can have penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a tasty Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce):
- Prepare of For cooking the pasta:.
- Provide 220 g of Penne Pasta.
- Use 6-7 cups of water (cooking the pasta).
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of sea salt (water should be as salty as the sea).
- Get of For the Arrabiata sauce:.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of soft unsalted butter (optional).
- Get 2 tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Provide 2 of medium onions, 1 grated, 1 finely diced.
- Prepare Pinch of dry Thyme.
- Take Pinch of dry Basil.
- Prepare 1/2-1 teaspoon of dry chilli flakes (add as much or as little depending on preference).
- Get 1 clove of garlic, sliced into thin pieces or finely minced (depending on preference).
- Prepare 5 of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half.
- Prepare 1 can of tin chopped tomato.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Provide of Season with salt and black pepper.
- Take 1 teaspoon of white sugar.
- Provide 2 teaspoon of Tabasco sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 4 tablespoons of pasta water (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Use of For garnish:.
- Get of Parmesan cheese, finely grated.
- Get 2 of fresh basil leaves (optional).
Done with the ingridients? Below are the instructions on serving Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce):
- In a pot on medium high heat, bring water to a boil. Once the water has boiled, add the salt and pasta. Cook the pasta for approximately 14 minutes (or until cooked)..
- In the meantime while the pasta cooks, grate one onion and dice the other one. Thinly slice the garlic..
- On medium heat in a large pan or wok, add the butter and let it melt (if using, optional otherwise miss butter step out and jump to *olive oil). When butter has almost dissolved, add the extra virgin olive oil. If not using butter add *more extra virgin oil. Stir to incorporate the butter and olive oil together for about 30 seconds..
- Add the grated onions to the pan and stir. Add a pinch of thyme and basil to the pan and mix together to release flavours of herbs. Now add chilli flakes and stir together well..
- Add the diced onions and sauté until soft and translucent. Now add the garlic and stir. If using cherry tomatoes, add it now. Cook until tomatoes are soft and bursting in the pan..
- Now add the tinned tomatoes, water and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir thoroughly until well incorporated. Add sugar and Tabasco and mix well. Let the sauce continue to simmer on high heat..
- Once the sauce has thickened and reduced, turn heat down to very low for another 5 minutes. Taste the sauce and adjust if needed (add more salt, pepper or sugar depending on preference). Now go back to the pasta. Taste and see pasta is to desired texture. It should be served al dente, or chewy..
- With a slotted spoon incorporate the penne into the sauce, add a ladle of the pasta liquid (to help loosen the pasta), drizzle with olive oil and season with black pepper (optional). Thoroughly mix and coat all of pasta and sauce together..
- Transfer the pasta onto a serving bowl and grate parmesan cheese over the top. Add 2 basil leaves (optional) on top as garnish. Serve and eat immediately while hot..
Arrabbiata sauce pasta (penne all'arrabbiata) is one of the simplest Roman recipes, and so delicious! The secret of Arrabbiata is the balance between the freshness taste of tomatoes and parsley, and the extreme spiciness of Chili peppers. Even if traditional shape of pasta is Penne, this sauce pairs. There is nothing shy about the flavors in this zesty sauce. Liven up any pasta with a riot of onion, garlic and mushrooms cooked with pancetta, capers, olives, red wine Penne All' Arrabbiata.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Penne al'arrabiata (pasta with a spicy tomato sauce) turns your day cheerful.