What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most complete receipes page. If you are looking for pleasing Orange-Honey Chicken recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only prepare excellent Orange-Honey Chicken recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to orange-honey chicken recipe. You can cook orange-honey chicken using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are required to cook a yummy Orange-Honey Chicken:
- You need 1 of whole chicken/ 8 drumsticks.
- Get 1/2 cup of orange juice + 2 tablespoons extra.
- Take 1/4 cup of water/chicken broth.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- You need 4 tablespoons of honey.
- Use 2 of onions roughly diced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of finely chopped coriander/dhania.
- Use 1 1/2 tablespoon of orange zest.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sugar (white or brown).
- Take 1 tablespoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of chili (optional).
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on preparing Orange-Honey Chicken:
- Wash your chicken earlier and let it dry completely. Prepare the spices, sugar, salt, 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Mix all, apart from sugar together in one bowl and pour over your chicken. Add the sugar slowly over the chicken as you mix, to incorporate all the spices. Cover with cling film or foil and let it marinate for at least 2 hours or even better, overnight..
- Prepare your next set of ingredients: oil, honey, orange zest, orange juice, onion and coriander/dhania. Put the oil in a pan and let it heat up. Place the marinated chicken on the hot oil skin side down, and sear for 8 minutes over medium high heat. Cover your pan as the heat will help cook the top part of the chicken. Flip your chicken after 8 minutes and sear the top part for 2 minutes. The chicken will brown nicely..
- Turn off the heat and drain excess oil. Turn the heat back on. Over medium heat, add your onions (I added the less leafy parts of my coriander as well) and stir for 1 minute. Add your orange juice, orange zest, honey and water/chicken broth. Stir well and reduce the heat to low. Cover your pan and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Stir gently halfway through the 15 minutes..
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle your coriander/dhania. Stir gently and you are done! Serve with rice or potatoes..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this site useful Sharing this page to your friends is the deal Hope that your Orange-Honey Chicken makes your day joyful.