What’s up guys, back with us in the most complete receipes page. If you are searching for complete Tuna Empanadas recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only provide excellent Tuna Empanadas recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tuna empanadas recipe. You can have tuna empanadas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to serve a delicious Tuna Empanadas:
- Get of Crust.
- Take 2 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour and 1 cup or more for dusting and kneading.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 6 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter cut into cubes (chilled).
- You need 3/4 cup of margarine or vegetable shortening.
- Get 1/2 cup of cold water.
- Use of Filling.
- Take of I use 4 canned flavored canned tuna such as afritada 175gms and drained.
- You need of 1 cup cheddar cheese cut into strips.
- Provide of You can use other fillings you like cooked ham, chicken fillet, ground pork or beef or even fruits!.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the steps on cooking Tuna Empanadas:
- Crust. Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Add the butter and shortening..
- Measure 1/2 cup (120ml) of water in a cup. Add ice. Stir it around. From that, measure 1/2 cup (120ml) of water– since the ice has melted a bit. Drizzle the cold water in, 1 Tablespoon (15ml) at a time, and stir with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon after every Tablespoon (15ml) added. Do not add any more water than you need to. Stop adding water when the dough begins to form large clumps..
- Transfer the pie dough to a floured work surface. The dough should come together easily and should not feel overly sticky. Using floured hands, fold the dough into itself until the flour is fully incorporated into the fats. Form it into a ball. Divide dough in half. Flatten each half into 1-inch thick discs using your hands..
- Wrap each tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour..
- When rolling out the chilled pie dough discs to use in your pie, always use gentle force with your rolling pin. Start from the center of the disc and work your way out in all directions, turning the dough with your hands as you go. Visible specks of butter and fat in the dough are perfectly normal and expected!.
- Form small discs about 5 inches in diameter and at least.25 inch thick or your desired thickness..
- Fill your pie with the tuna filling about 3 tablespoons of the tuna on one side of your crust then add cheese. Then fold sealing the sides using fork..
- I bake my empanadas rather than frying. At 350 degrees for 10 mins in the oven..
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Tuna Empanadas turns your day joyful.