Hello friends, welcome back to the most perfect receipes web site. If you are searching for complete Vickys Mackerel with New Potatoes & Apricot Sauce GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you are now at the best place. We only prepare excellent Vickys Mackerel with New Potatoes & Apricot Sauce GF DF EF SF NF recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys mackerel with new potatoes & apricot sauce gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can have vickys mackerel with new potatoes & apricot sauce gf df ef sf nf using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to serve a delicious Vickys Mackerel with New Potatoes & Apricot Sauce GF DF EF SF NF:
- Provide 600 g of new (baby) potatoes / salad potatoes.
- Take 240 g of apricots, halved – keep the stones.
- Get 1/4 inch of cube of peeled ginger, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 4 of mackerel fillets (or other oily fish portions).
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt & pepper.
- Use of garden salad to serve.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the steps on serving Vickys Mackerel with New Potatoes & Apricot Sauce GF DF EF SF NF:
- Bring the whole baby potatoes to boil in a salted water, just enough to cover the potatoes.
- Boil for 15 minutes until fork tender.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by putting the apricots, their stones and chopped ginger into another saucepan with the lemon juice and water – the stones contain pectin and help thicken the sauce naturally.
- Cover and simmer on a low heat for around 15 minutes until very soft.
- Remove the stones, let the mixture cool for 5 minutes then puree smooth with an immersion blender or liquidiser.
- Score the skin on the mackerel and rub with the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper then grill / broil on high, skin-side up for 5 minutes or until the flesh is opaque in colour.
- Drain the potatoes and season with a sprinkling of salt and a knob of butter – I use Stork gold-foil margarine as it's dairy and soy free.
- Serve the fish with the sauce, a garden salad and the new potatoes.
Season mackerel fillets with salt and pepper. Divide roasted sweet potatoes between plates. In two – safely transportable – containers, assemble the potatoes, smoked mackerel, lettuce and parsley. Put the flesh of the Add the potatoes and stir until well-coated in the garlic, tomato and paprika mix. Pour in half of the stock.
A recipe is a good story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this internet site useful Sharing this internet site to your families is the deal Hope that your Vickys Mackerel with New Potatoes & Apricot Sauce GF DF EF SF NF turns your day joyful.