Hello bro n sis, back with us in the most interesting receipes site. If you are looking for best Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup recipe, you are now at the right place. We only provide excellent Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mom's 70s mock turtle soup recipe. To make mom's 70s mock turtle soup you need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
Below are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a yummy Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup:
- Get of Ingredients.
- Provide 20 of gingersnap cookies (preferably nabisco).
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Use 2 lb of 90/10 ground beef.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Take 1 medium of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 of 14-ounce bottle ketchup.
- You need 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce (preferably Lea & Perrin's).
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Provide 3/4 medium of lemon, thinly sliced.
- Use 3 of hard boiled eggs, crumbled.
- Prepare of additional water, worcestershire, & and lemon juice if needed.
- Get 1 of shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on producing Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup:
- Soak the gingersnaps in 2 cups of water and set aside..
- In a large soup pot, add the 4 cups of water and the ground beef. Simmer over medium heat, breaking up the ground beef, until there is no more pink..
- Add the onions, ketchup, worchestershire, vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon. Let simmer in a covered pot for 1 hour..
- Stir in the gingersnap slurry and continue cooking for another 15 minutes..
- If the soup is a little to thick, add some additional water. Be sure to add additional Worcestershire and lemon juice to taste..
- Serve garnished with hard boiled egg and serve with a shot of sherry and oyster crackers on the side..
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a delicious meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this web page to your acquaintances is the deal Hope that your Mom's 70s Mock Turtle Soup makes your day cheerful.