Hello friends, welcome back to the most complete receipes internet site. If you are searching for yummy Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) recipe, you are now at the perfect place. We only prepare excellent Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash baked kibbeh – lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) recipe. To cook butternut squash baked kibbeh – lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) you only need 29 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a remarkably good Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos):
- Provide of 📌I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, but I’ve duplicated the spices since you need different amounts for the dough and the filling so dont be scared 📌.
- Prepare of Kibbeh dough ingredients.
- Use 1 kg of butternut squash/pumpkin.
- Take 300 g of fine bulgur wheat (Not the coarse one), soaked in water for 5 min and rinsed.
- Use 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Take of Spices for the kibbeh dough.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
- Take of salt and black pepper.
- Use of Filling.
- Provide 300 g of spinach, chopped.
- Get 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Provide 1 cup (100 g) of cooked chickpeas.
- Use 1 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Get 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Get 1 teaspoon of pomegranate molasses (optional).
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need of Spices for the filling.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sumac.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of allspice.
- Take of salt and black pepper.
- Take of Topping.
- You need of shredded almond or pine nut.
- Use of olive oil.
Done with the ingridients? Here are the procedures on cooking Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos):
- Peel and cut the butternut squash into medium slices. Move to a pot, cover with water and boil for 15 minutes. Once soft, drain and mash until smooth.
- Add the rinsed fine bulgur with the flour and spices to the squash and mix everything together very well..
- Put the mixture in the fridge, preheat the oven to 200 degrees, then start preparing the filling..
- In a pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and start frying the chopped onion until soft. Then add half of the chopped spinach to the onion, mix for 2 minutes then add the second half..
- Add the cup of cooked chickpeas with lemon juice and pomegranate molasses. Mix for 3 minutes. Then add the sumac, shredded walnuts and the rest of the spices. Mix for 2 more minutes..
- Remove the dough from the fridge. Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish with olive oil, and spread half of the dough with your hand over the base of the dish..
- Evenly spread the spinach filling on top, then cover with the other half of the kibbeh dough to make the final layer..
- With a knife, make diagonal lines to create diamond shapes. With a brush spread a bit of olive oil on top and place the nuts on each slice. Then put the tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until gold brownish. Pop it under the grill for 3-4 minutes for a golden crispy top layer..
- Serve with natural/greek yogurt or salad on the side (check my fattoush salad recipe. Goes perfectly with it! https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/12464040).
Reviews for: Photos of Aunt Louise's Baked Kibbeh. Aunt Louise's Baked Kibbeh. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This step by step helpful recipe will make this daunting recipe accessible. I hope you try it out! First, I buttered the dish with two tablespoons of softened butter.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this web page to your buddies is the deal Hope that your Butternut squash baked Kibbeh – Lebanese meatless kibbeh (step by step photos) turns your day cheerful.