Hi buddy, back with us in the most pleasing receipes web site. If you are searching for complete Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties recipe which will make your dish like a professional chef’s.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to nduma patties/taro root patties recipe. You can have nduma patties/taro root patties using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a tasty Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties:
- Get 500 g of nduma or taro root.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Get 1/4 cup of sabudana/tapioca pearls.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted and shelled peanuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger.
- Provide 1 tbsp of arrowroot or water chestnut flour (singhada flour) or cornflour.
- Take 2-3 of green chilis finely chopped or paste.
- Provide 1 1/2 of – 2 tsp sendha namak (rock salt) or normal salt.
- Use 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh coriander (dhania).
- Take of oil for shallow frying.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the sequences on serving Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties:
- Soak the sabudana in water for about 30 minutes. Drain out the water when required and dry them on a kitchen towel to remove the water..
- Peel and cut the nduma or taro roots into big chunks. Wash the pieces..
- Put the pieces in a saucepan. Cover it with water.Place the saucepan over medium heat and let the root boil till done. This takes about 15-20 minutes..
- Immediately remove nduma from the water into a bowl or plate and let it cool down completely..
- In the meantime, lightly crush the peanuts to get a coarse powder..
- Mash the nduma or taro root..
- Add all the remaining ingredients to it including sabudana.Mix well..
- Lightly grease your hands, take about 2 tbsp of the mixture and roll it into a ball. Flatten it slightly and shape it into a patti..
- Prepare patties with the remaining mixture. Let the patties chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or till required..
- Heat some oil for shallow frying in a wide frying pan or tawa over medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, gently arrange the patties in the frying pan. Let the underside cook till it becomes golden brown in colour. Gently flip them over using a spatula and a spoon. Let it cook till it turns golden brown..
- Remove from the frying pan and put the patties on a kitchen towel so the excess oil gets absorbed. Cook remaining patties in the same way..
- Serve hot patties with your favorite chutney or with a coconut and yogurt dip..
- For the coconut yogurt dip mix 1½ cups thick plain yogurt, ¼ cup grated fresh coconut, ¼ cup coarse peanut powder, ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp green chili paste or 1 chili finely chopped and 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander..
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this web page useful Sharing this internet site to your families is the deal Hope that your Nduma Patties/Taro Root Patties makes your day cheerful.