Hello guys, back with us in the most interesting receipes web page. If you are searching for delicious Akara Pancakes recipe, you are now at the correct place. We only serve excellent Akara Pancakes recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to akara pancakes recipe. To cook akara pancakes you need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to serve a perfect Akara Pancakes:
- You need 2 cups of beans.
- You need of Cayenne pepper/scotch bonnet.
- Provide of Onions.
- Use of Salt.
- Prepare of Seasoning cube(just a little and its optional).
- Provide of Veg/palm oil.
- Take of Water.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on producing Akara Pancakes:
- Soak the beans for 10-15mins and peel(I usually soak in the night, peel and soak again in the fridge till the following morning, I do this whenever I'm using my blender 😊).
- In a blender, add ur beans, pepper, onions and blend together till smooth (if u are using seasoning cube, I suggest u blend with the beans).
- Pour into a bowl and add a little water. The batter shouldn't be thick like akara batter so it can fry easily. It's shouldn't be watery as well, just in-between. Add salt to taste and mix properly(u can also add egg if u want but I tried it once and it didn't taste like akara to me).
- In a non stick pan, heat up 2- 3 tablespoons oil. The akara pancakes need enough oil to fry unlike normal pancakes. The oil also prevent it from sticking to the pan even if it's a non stick pan. Using ⅓ cup of measuring cup, scoop the beans into the pan, shake a little to level up and fry for 1-2 mins. Tilt the pan once in a while for the oil to circulate. When the edges start to get brown, flip and fry again for 2 mins. This should be done on low to medium heat..
- It's take about 4 mins to fry each Pancakes. U can flip 2-3 times until it's golden brown. When it's done, remove, add another 2 tablespoon of oil to the pan and continue frying until u are done… It took me 40mins to fry all but it was worth it. Always make sure the pan has oil in it before frying. I tried frying without oil and it was a disaster, couldn't even get it out..
- When flipping sometimes, the beans may splash into the pan, just use spoon to combine together and continue frying. Also ensure u fry in small sizes so it won't break easily. When done, serve with pap, custard,bread or as a snack. U can easily slide it into bread and eat😊. I hope this helps..
- Enjoy 👌😋..
A few minutes later I perceived the wondrous aroma of akara but when I ran to the kitchen I met these Pancake looking akara. But when I tasted it ehn. I became a believer and Bobo became the official Akara Pancake Chef of the house. Oh by the way, I never really concluded on any "Ajebutter" name…In my sketches I called the mini Akara pancakes "pankara" the crepes "Crepekara"(Thank you Sister Kemi 🙂 ), and the quesadillas "akaradilla." Please don't laugh I got tired of thinking myself into a brain freeze. The Beancake Company is dedicated to bringing the wonderful foods of western Africa to the American market.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a well done meal. If you find this internet site fruitful Sharing this web site to your families is the deal Wish that your Akara Pancakes turns your day cheerful.