What’s up friends, back with us in the most complete receipes internet site. If you are searching for best Pecan Pie recipe, you are now at the best place. We only serve excellent Pecan Pie recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pecan pie recipe. To make pecan pie you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a delicious Pecan Pie:
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cold butter.
- You need 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare of Flour, for rolling the dough.
- You need 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Get 1 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of light corn syrup.
- Take 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped toasted pecans.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of bourbon.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Take 3 of eggs, lightly beaten.
Ready with the ingridients? Here are the instructions on cooking Pecan Pie:
- Make the dough by hand: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Using your fingers, mix in the butter into the dry ingredients until it properly mixed..
- Add the egg and stir the dough together with a fork or by hand in the bowl. If the dough is dry, sprinkle up to a tablespoon more of cold water over the mixture..
- Form the dough together in a round shape, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour..
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough with a rolling pin into a 12-inch circle and the dough needs to be pie thick. Transfer the dough to a pie pan and trim the edges, leaving about an extra inch hanging over the edge. Tuck the overhanging dough underneath itself to form a thick edge that is even with the rim. Freeze the pie dough for another 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Put a piece of parchment paper or foil over the pie dough and fill with dried beans. Bake on a baking sheet until the dough is set, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and lift sides of the parchment paper to remove the beans. Continue baking until the pie shell is lightly golden brown, about 10 more minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F..
- While the crust is baking make the filling: In medium saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stirring constantly, continue to boil for a minute. Remove from heat and stir in the nuts, bourbon, and the vanilla. Set the mixture aside to cool slightly, about 5 minutes. (If the crust has cooled, return it to the oven for 5 minutes to warm through.) Whisk the beaten eggs into the filling until smooth. Put the pie shell on a sheet pan.
- Pour the filling into the hot crust. Bake until the edges are set but the center is still slightly loose, about 40 to 45 minutes. (If the edges get very dark, cover them with aluminum foil half way during baking.) Cool on a rack. Serve slightly warm or room temperature with whip cream or ice cream.
Whether it's a traditional Southern recipe or a twist with chocolate or bourbon, pecan pie is that sticky-sweet dessert everyone loves to. One might ask what this Japanese born Aussie gal is doing, determined to master this great American classic. Well, it goes back to the story of this website. This Southern Pecan Pie recipe has a perfect nutty, sweet and indulgent filling that bakes inside an all butter flaky crust! Before I leave you with the recipe, let me share my tips for freezing pecan pie.
A recipe is a good story that ends with a appetizing meal. If you find this web site fruitful Sharing this internet site to your mates is the deal Hope that your Pecan Pie turns your day cheerful.