What’s up buddy, welcome back to the most complete receipes site. If you are searching for delicious Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) recipe, you are now at the right place. We only serve excellent Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) recipe which will make your dish stands out.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to parmigiana di melanzane (eggplant parmesan) recipe. You can cook parmigiana di melanzane (eggplant parmesan) using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Here are the ingridients that are needed to prepare a yummy Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan):
- Use of Sauce.
- Provide 1 (14.5 oz) of can of crushed tomatoes.
- You need 1/4 cup of dry sherry.
- Get 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Take 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- Take 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 tsp of anchovy paste.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable base OR 2 vegetable boullion cubes.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Provide of Main.
- Provide of ~2 lbs eggplant, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (2 large globe or 3 – 4 Italian eggplants).
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 4 oz of shredded whole milk mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 oz of grated Parmigiano Reggiano.
Done with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan):
- Preheat oven to 450. Cover bottom of two sheet pans with aluminum foil. Coat foil and both sides of each piece of eggplant thoroughly in olive oil. Place eggplant slices into a singe layer across the two sheets..
- Set up oven racks to lower middle and upper middle positions. Put eggplant in oven and roast for 20 minutes, switching the rack position and rotating each pan after 10 minutes for even cooking. Remove and allow to cool at least 10 minutes. Reduce oven to 375..
- While you are roasting the eggplant, start the sauce. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds until fragrant. Add tomato paste, anchovy paste, and vegetable base. Mix in and cook about 30 seconds. Add dry sherry. Cook about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and all other seasonings. Bring to a simmer and then reduce to medium-low heat. Cover. Cook, stirring occassionally, about 20 minutes..
- Grease an oval or rectangular baking dish well with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup of sauce into the bottom and spread across the whole bottom. Place a single lawyer of eggplant over the sauce. Add another 1/2 cup of sauce and 1/3 of the cheeses..
- Place another layer of eggplant, 1/2 cup of sauce, and 1/3 of the cheese. Continue with the final layer of eggplant and top with remaining sauce and cheese. Place into the oven, uncovered, and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Remove and let sit for 10 minutes before serving..
However, the name actually reflects the arrangement of the aubergines/eggplants (melanzane). Eggplant parmesan is one of those great Italian comfort foods—a layered casserole much like lasagna but with slices of globe eggplant taking the place of pasta. The two things to keep in mind when cooking eggplant, especially firm globe eggplants, is that not only do eggplants hold onto moisture. This version has no Parmigiano-Reggiano, and an incredibly clean, fresh flavor as a result, but feel free to add a dusting of freshly grated cheese to each layer if you prefer. Parmigiana di Melanzane, or Eggplant Parmesan, is a simple but elegant Italian recipe.
A recipe is a nice story that ends with a enjoyable meal. If you find this page helpful Sharing this site to your friends is the deal Wish that your Parmigiana di Melanzane (Eggplant Parmesan) makes your day joyful.