Hello friends, back with us in the most complete receipes web page. If you are looking for pleasing Melon (Egusi) Soup recipe, you are now at the right place. We only prepare excellent Melon (Egusi) Soup recipe which will be very easy for you to follow.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to melon (egusi) soup recipe. You can have melon (egusi) soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
Below are the ingridients that are required to produce a perfect Melon (Egusi) Soup:
- Get 4 cups of melon (as desired) blended smooothly.
- Prepare 1 of medium size Onion blended to a smooth paste with water.
- Prepare of Meats of your choice.
- Get of Stock fish.
- Provide of Ponmo.
- Take of Locust bean.
- Prepare of Dry Catfish.
- Provide of Meat stock.
- Take cubes of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- Take of Fresh bonnet peppers blended.
- Take of Palm oil.
- Provide of Crayfish blended with the melon.
- You need of pumpkin leafs sliced.
Ready with the ingridients? Below are the procedures on preparing Melon (Egusi) Soup:
- Wash the meats and everything needed thoroughly. Cook the meat with the ponmo and stockfish together with seasoning cubes and salt. Drop from heat and sieve the stock. Set aside..
- Wash the dry Catfish thoroughly with warm water and set aside. I used chicken for this melon soup and fried it lightly. I like my meats lightly fried for some soups.. The choice is yours.
- Blend the pepper with water separately from the melon. Pour the blended melon, crayfish in a bowl and add the blended onions. Mix to combine and form a thick paste..
- Put the pot for the soup on fire. Add palm oil, the blended fresh peppers, Allow to boil for like 2 minutes..
- Use your washed hands or spoon to cut lumps of the mixed melon into the boiling pepper Mix. Don't stir. Allow to fry for like 3minutes. Before stirring gently..
- Add the meat stock and locust bean. If the meat water(stock) added is not enough to cook the soup, please add ordinary water. Gauge with your eyes. Allow to boil for some minutes until it molds. Then add your meat, fish, ponmo and other available fish…
- Stir gently, taste for seasoning cubes and salt. Add the pumpkin leafs and drop from heat..
Ingredients used to make Egusi Soup. Egusi seeds: Egusi (melon seeds) are usually sold in African stores. Meat: African soups are mostly cooked with an assortment. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Like I stated on the introductory page; Egusi (melon) soup is the most popular of all Nigerian soup.
A recipe is a nice story that finishes with a appetizing meal. If you find this page useful Sharing this web page to your mates is the deal Hope that your Melon (Egusi) Soup makes your day cheerful.